- We are the only university to provide both an ITC Preparatory Course and APC Professional Programme – courses specifically tailored to the professional accounting education of trainee chartered accountants in South Africa.
- We are the authoritative pioneers of online learning in professional accounting education. Our course offers flexibility to work wherever and whenever you want.
- A dynamic experienced academic team that has been involved in professional accounting education through our PGDA, ITC Preparatory Course and APC Professional Programme.
- We focus on exam technique and how you are going to demonstrate your understanding of the academic content. Making sure that you are awarded each possible mark that is within your level of understanding and knowledge.
- The pass rates of candidates who complete our ITC Preparatory Course and APC Professional Programmes have consistently exceeded the SAICA national average.
Registrations will open at 9am on Monday, 2 October 2023
With the ITC Preparatory Course, Candidates are equipped for successful preparation for the ITC exam by means of a series of face-to-face and online lectures across the key ITC disciplines; content videos; and a library of useful resources to practice and fine-tune their understanding for the final ITC exam with SAICA.
The course will be delivered online and an internet access is a prerequisite to fully participate in the course.
This course is designed to prepare candidates for the ITC exams in January 2024.
The Course Presenters for each topic will provide academic support through the online discussion forums for the duration of the course.
The course has been designed in such a way that it allows for Candidates to study anywhere and anytime, at their own pace – maximising flexibility and time management.
The course culminates with the completion of a simulated ITC examination paper, which Candidates complete in their free time as final practice prior to writing the actual ITC as presented by SAICA.
- Access to the online learning website (Vula)
- Lectures on selected topics across the 4 subject areas
- Video explanations for selected past ITC questions
- Concept and principle videos on selected topics
- Comprehensive course notes
- Comprehensive and balanced tutorial questions
- Integrated assessment questions
- Self-evaluated ITC mock exams
- Study schedule
- Videos on study and exam technique
- Academic support from the course lecturers
The Course Presenters for each topic will provide academic support through the online discussion forums for the duration of the course. A designated Student Support Administrator will also be available on email and by telephone to provide administrative support. The course has been designed in such a way that it allows for Candidates to study anywhere and anytime, at their own pace – maximising flexibility and time management.
- Registrations open: 9am on Monday, 2 October 2023
- Course starts: Monday, 4 December 2023 (access to our online learning platform will be granted to on Friday, 1 December 2023)
- Collection of study material: from Monday, 4 December 2023
- Courier of study material: from Monday, 11 December 2023
- Registrations close: Friday, 22 December 2023 at 10am
In order to participate in this course, Candidates will need to:
- Have successfully passed their CTA/PGDA/Honours;
- Have a current email account;
- Have internet access;
- Have paid the course fee in full.
Click here to access the lecture schedule for the course.
Click here to access the dates around when you can collect your books or when it will be sent via courier.
Course fee selection is either with the physical study pack (course notes and tutorial) or without.
All registered candidates will receive access to all the content online, regardless of selecting to receive the books in hard copy.
- R4500 – including study pack
- R4000- excluding study pack
NB. If courier is needed outside of the South African borders, an additional fee of R1500 will apply
Watch this video to find out what our past ITC Preparatory Course Candidates have to say about their experience on our course.